Our Student Ridership Solution
How it works
When a student attempts to get on a bus, they present their card to the RFID reader installed on the bus.
The SMART tag tablet confirms if the student is boarding the right bus.
When the student attempts to get off at a stop, they scan their card ensuring it's the right stop.
Information gathered by the driver tablets is shared in real-time using secured cloud technology.
Equip your drivers with the best hardware and software available.
- We use the industry leading Samsung Galaxy Tab Active ruggedized tablet to stand up to the harsh school bus environment
- All tablets are equipped with T-mobile, AT&T and Verizon broadband capability
- Buses are equipped with a charging cradle to keep your tablets fully charged even after the route is completed
- Our proprietary NFC card reader ensures fast and efficient loading and unloading of students
- Our easy-to-use innovative software with patented industry-first functionality equips every driver to safely and securely transport their students
- No other solution comes close to all the features we offer that drivers use and rely on every time they drive their route.
Wrong Bus / Wrong Stop
Drivers are presented with a wrong bus/stop message when students try to load onto the wrong bus or unload at the wrong stop.
Pre-trip and Post-trip Inspections
With electronic inspections, drivers can quickly and easily report any defects they find during their inspection.
Drivers can easily learn their students' names and view important details about the students they transport.
Drivers can view details about their route including the number of stops, their location and which students are assigned to each stop.
Track mileage and fuel level
Drivers input their fuel level and mileage at the beginning and end of their routes. Emails are automatically sent when fuel levels are low.
Help navigate sub drivers through their route or drivers that go on field trips with turn-by-turn directions.
Extend the SMART tag™ functionality with the SMART conduct™ platform. Drivers can create discipline, commendation, and health/wellness referrals directly from the app.
Features for Students with Special Needs
We've also created several driver app features with special needs in mind.
Drivers can view a student's medical information to ensure they receive the proper care
Student Seating Requirements
Ensure the seating requirements for each student are met every time they board the bus
Special Education Reimbursement Reports
Run automated monthly reports to get an accurate daily count of special needs students transported by your district
Patented Guardian Release
Ensure you're releasing each student only to guardians that are authorized to pick them up
District Web Portals
Our Admin and Campus Portals provide easy-to-use interfaces that give your school district tools to gain visibility, communicate, and run crucial reports.
View near real-time locations of all the buses on a map, the students on those buses and more.
Dispatchers can see a list of all routes about to start, if drivers are logged in and more. Avoid late departures.
Admin Portal Dashboard
Have a high level view of your daily operations including the number of students transported.
Every route is recorded with stop locations, time stamps, students picked up and dropped off, GPS points and bus speed.
Quickly find a student on a bus, what stop they got off at, and previous riding history.
Communication Keeps Everyone Informed
Use SMART tag as a powerful communication tool to let parents know about delays, communicate with drivers, and more.
- Send and receive alerts directly to a driver's tablet
- Send alerts about a student that will appear when the student scans their card
- Send mass notifications to parents to inform them about things such as delays
- Parents can turn on alerts to inform them when their child's bus is approximately 10-15 minutes away
Run Crucial Reports
Transportation staff can easily generate reports, such as:
- State Ridership Report(s)
- Special Education Reimbursement Monthly Reports
- Mileage Reports
- On-time Arrival Report
- Bus Max Occupancy Report
For the Parents
Parents will have access to the SMART tag™ Parent Portal to help keep them informed when their children ride the bus.
Parents can turn on SMART Alerts to let them know when the bus will arrive at their child's stop in the morning and afternoon.
View Riding Activity
Parents can view the riding history of their child. They can view date, time, and location for each time they got on or off the bus.
This optional feature will allow parents to see a live map of their student's bus when it's on the way to pick them up and while they're on the bus.